Current HPub Draft 0.9 [2010-11-21]
The HPub (HTML Publication) standard is a file format designed to release rich content books in a simple and manageable package.
2. The principles
We want a digital publishing format that:
- Allows great designs
- Allows both pixel-perfect and flexible reflowable publications
- Is simple for authors
- Is simple for parsers
3. The Spec
- An HPub publication is a normal .zip file with “.hpub” extension. Unpacked books are allowed.
- The content format must be HTML5.
- It must contain at least one HTML file with extension “html”.
- If more than one HTML file are included, the pagination order must be alphabetical.
- Any HTML file contained in subfolders must be excluded from the pagination order.
- All the assets (CSS, images, JS, …) must be included in the package and referenced relatively from the HTML5 files.