- solutions for ‘everyday small expenses’
- ‘in App’ payment for Android
- iPad payment via SMS (take your iPhone to pay on your iPad :-))
- Le Soir, Public Bikes (Villo), GPS Parking Guide
- I liked the way the energiewijzer is displayed on the mobile.
Financial App @wavestock
- Was a very good example of a business app by someone who knows the business and not the technology (in the first place). I voted for him even if Finance is not my favorite Industry.
- I liked the idea of pro-actively proposing information rather than requiring users to enter and search for stocks. And afterward flagging for watch lists… I found there is added value for the end user here that goes beyond the app. The app is not an app, it’s a service and not a self service. Food for thought.
- A part from the fact that barcodes can help you calculate where to buy cheaper, what I retained is that AndroPan allows to share Panoramic pictures. (Sometimes you retain the side talk)
- The success of the CRM is kiss: Instead of flying between screens (email/calendar/…), sales have access to all info in a chronological list, giving them more productivity.
- Looking for partners to build a new mobile version…
- “Digital signage isn’t efficient enough”: you need to add interactivity to it. Your shopping assistant on your mobile synchronizes with the digital signage.
LinkID – Your Mobile ID for Life
- “In General, Apps are insecure and so unusable for businesses”
- “The approach has 4 steps : 1. Business Case, 2. Detailed Bus. & Tech Analysis, 3. Pilot, 4. Production” –> I like it, cause I work like that also – see eRRA Methodology
Nokia – Rahim Zakhoun
- “There is a great potential to work with Nokia (because we have the highest mobile market share)”
- “There are 1mio Nokia phones in Belgium”
- “A mobile phone is built for sharing things”
- “A mobile phone now allows impulsive buys”
- “Create something (apps) valuable, what should your app do ?”
- Good list on when to use Native Vs HTML5
- “AppInventor is the Visual Basic for mobile phones” – not sure they will like it at Google
- “You might not even need an app, so think twice” – use foursquare, Bump, Layar
Movie HD – Tom Nijs
- “We decided that strong graphics would be our differentiator. We we saw the competition we thought : We can do it better.”
Obscura – Friedger Müffke
- Encryption of private images by OISafe (AES)
Movie Quizz – Litrik De Roy
- Play a quizz about Movies on your Mobile –> Could be used for tests (schools, driver licence, eLearning…)
iPad Project – Miss Little robot
- The iPad is than used as a presentation tool for sales on the go
Boye Hartmann – tapptic
- Commodore 64 emulator on iPhone
- “When in 6 days you have 1mio downloads, you start to thing you have done the right thing”
- “Never make ‘in app’ purchases without telling Apple”
Adobe – Serge Jespers
- “Different Screens have different sizes and capabilties, it gives headaches…”
- “Look a the the Open Screen project. Everybody is there except a small company…”
- Cool BBC videos on Android Demo
- “Finally we’d better make a Mobile Web app than an Android app, so everybody can have access to it” (3000 downloads on Android Market)
- Google Transit to be integrated
David Robertson – Best Biking Roads
- “Find new cool places to ride with your bike”
- Again someone who puts passion first, technology second. As it should be…
- Their Samsonite application won the contest. If it looks cool (great app realization, movie and everything), I was not totally convinced by the concept.
- I like the way they call their apps for 1212 and 1313 : Woo da Fook (reverse directory) and Formular 1 for automatic forms completion on mobiles
Tom Schuyter – Verbeterjebuurt.be
- Connect the citizens with the city via an app and a website. Use your phone to send pics of problems you see in your city. Good idea : useful and smart.
Adobe Air on Mobile – Serge Jespers
- We can play with the Mobile using adobe flash… of course. Games is the n°1 cultural product nowadays…