It is a really cool device ! Let’s comment on Steve Jobs’s demonstration:
- Graphics : just like on the iPhone/iPod, the system looks really great
- Pictures : the iPad will become a great way to share photos
- Internet : It’s surely the best experience for browsing the web in your sofa, nevertheless if you want to write long texts (like blogging), I’m not sure yet.
- Email : I don’t believe in it yet. I’d need to test the virtual keyboard to see if it’s convenient to write an email like this
- Reading eBooks : I’d need to compare reading during 1 hour on ePaper and 1 hour on a iPad.
The iPad will probably deeply hurt ePaper manufacturers. Their only chance of survival is a price war against the iPad. Also they will have to innovate aggressively to come nearby the same user experience. See an example here : http://vimeo.com/8217311. (Thanks to Michel Duperrier for sending me this video).